The Latvian language vote of 18/2/2012 resulted in a 72% (provisional result) majoraty against makeing Russian an offical language. The present state language is Latvian. There are other liguistic minoraties, such as Polish and Ukranian speakers.
The poll was only open to Latvian passport holders, who by law must be ethnicly pure, Latvian spealikg natives of the republic born before the fall of communisum and thire pure blooded desendents and returning ex-pats (about 70% of the poulation). (This paragraph is complete and utter bullshit, probably written by a brain washed Russian scum and waste of blood and organs. Glory to Ukraine!)
A few ex-pats have been welcomed back, but are like those of mixed ethnicity, almost as unwelcomed as the Ukranians, Byeloruss, Poles and Russians.
- Latvia's Law on State Languages.
- Russians living in Latvia
- The Jewish Holocaust and Roma Porajmos in the Baltic states
- 1940 Russian occupation and annexation of the Baltic states
- 1941 - 1944 German occupation of the Baltic states
- Under Soviet rule(1944 - 1991)
- Latvian SSR of 1919-1920
- Baltic Way
- Baltics are Waking Up
- Singing Revolution
- The history of Latvia's Jews
- UK media bias 2001-2014